Monday, September 10, 2012

mi casa

As you know from my previous blog entry here, that moving into a bachelor pad was not the most fun for me. It took a lot to get it organized and up to my anal standards of organization, cleanliness, and cuteness. There's still things I want to change or update, but I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along.

To start this is just a reminder of what it looked like before:
What I've done with the place:
 
So I learned after I hung the curtains that they should go all the way to the ceiling. There's no way Scott will put more holes in the wall, so I will have to wait until our next home to do that rule.

This is actually a Christmas ornament, but I love it so much I just keep it in the window all year long.
Joseph Smith art by Matsby, who has a hilarious blog!
I made this banner myself!!
These are all Scotts. The Ginger has a musical gift! I need to think of a better way to display them though. It's too cluttery for my liking right now.
My grandmothers chair that I absolutely love! (side note, I made that pillow)
My pops gave us 2 of the old cameras below for a wedding present. Love them!!
Our fish Poo
Albert
Why Scott needs 3 game controllers is beyond me?!?
View from the other direction
 I'm going to change up this photo wall here soon too. I want to add more photos to it of our travels and loved ones. Plus, it might be weird, but I hate having so many wedding photos up.
"Luke, I am your father!"
You never know when a Darth mask will come in handy.
We keep our DVD's in this.
A pic of Scott's daughter that his mom drew.
Also our front closet that I'm pretty proud of:

There is still more to be done with the office, master bedroom, master bath, and I have grand ideas for the rec room downstairs! I can't imagine we'll ever be done!

4 comments:

  1. I love the makeover! Your grandma's chair is amazing! And way to go on the cute cute pillow! Xo
    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your walls look much better than mine do. I never know what to do with pictures and stuff. Living with boys is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work!
    its the perfect mix and those prints are super fun!!!

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the music instruments and the photos you put in there. and oh, the bookshelf! love them.

    ReplyDelete