Monday, October 8, 2012

cabin time



We went to the Steele family cabin over the weekend! It's a perfect weekend get away with it being only an hour up the mountains. Chilling on the porch in the crisp Fall air with the sun beating down on me and colorful leaves as far as the eye can see is little bit of Fall heaven!
Porch views:




I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I love Fall! I feel like everyone says that, but I want you to know that I loved it first. Of course, like everyone else, I love the crispness in the air, the smell of fireplaces, the beautiful colors adorning the trees and falling to the ground, the Halloween festiveness, and everything pumpkin flavored. But here are just a few reasons why my love for Fall is more legit than everyone else: I was born in the Fall in some of the most beautiful Fall surroundings of North Western Montana (two thumbs way up for Kalispell!), my first car was brown and orange...like a Fall leaf, I drink hot chocolate and wear cardigans all year long, and Christmas is my favorite holiday (which everyone knows that the Christmas itch really grabs hold of people in October making the Fall season that much more exciting). If that doesn't prove I'm too legit to quit than I don't know what will!!
The End

3 comments:

  1. Two peas in a pod, you and I. Fall. Cabin. Pumpkin. We are in love with the same mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you were the first to love fall, but I was the first to hate summer.

    PS - My feed never shows your new posts, so I'm sorry I haven't been commenting very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate summer too!! I will let you hate it first though :-) My favs are Fall and Winter. I know people hate the cold (and sometimes I can to), but I just adore snow!

    ReplyDelete